The Consulting Manager Non-Labor owns the overall delivery of client engagements across multiple solution offerings. This role acts as the Engagement Leader and is the main client interface point for the day to day operations of the engagement. The Consulting Manager will ensure that all projects are delivered on time, on budget and within scope. They will also be responsible for the professional development of the consulting team working on that engagement. Essential Responsibilities:
1. Leading and planning the execution of the overall work stream(s) necessary to deliver the engagement to include managing metrics such as; project operating margin, client satisfaction (NPS), staff utilization.
2. Oversee multiple project teams, surgical, perioperative, and purchased services team or lab.
3. Own and plan implementation and completion of the engagement with high quality on time and on budget.
4. Delivering contracted client outcomes, which will include committed financial savings.
5. Developing and managing the engagement communication plan, including simple issue escalations and problem solving
6. Preparing and delivering succinct, clear and insightful and influential executive-level presentations.
7. Proactively identify client needs and assist in developing solutions, this includes identifying business development/upsell opportunities within the client.
8. Contributes to sales efforts through published writing and speaking opportunities.
9. Leading effective, cross-functional working sessions with clients and GE stakeholders.
10. Establishing credibility and developing relationships with mid-level and executive client managers.
11. Serving as a GE liaison to the client for day to day engagement delivery and engagement updates.
12. Leading the engagement team to include coaching, mentoring and developing staff to achieve client satisfaction and personal professional development.
13. Promoting and completing timely performance feedback to engagement team members.
14. Demonstrating expertise in multiple solution areas/practices.
15. Managing and directing Knowledge Management activities on the engagement team.
16. Identify and categorize products into commodity categories, as well as identify and implement opportunities in each commodity category by interfacing with supply chain and clinical stakeholders.
17. Use evidence based criteria to effectively identify and implement clinically sound cost savings opportunities Qualifications/Requirements:
1. Bachelors Degree.
2. 5+ years of experience in either advisory services/consulting or performance improvement in a healthcare setting.
3. 3+ years of experience leading and managing projects with outcome focused deliverables.
4. Demonstrated experience in value analysis and reducing client non-labor expenses.
5. Direct interaction with clinicians in a previous role.
6. Strong influencing skills for various audiences in a clinical setting.
7. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite especially Excel and PowerPoint.
8. Ability to travel at least 70%. Desired Characteristics:
1. Masters Degree MBA, MHA, MPHA
2. 8+ years of experience in either advisory services/consulting
3. Deep awareness and understanding of the Healthcare industry and major trends in the geography in which client projects are delivered.
4. Demonstrated data mining and analytical skills
5. Ability to create impactful executive client facing communications and presentations
6. Demonstrated expertise in driving change using Change Management tools
7. Demonstrated experience in LEAN or Six Sigma tools
8. Demonstrated experience in leading teams
9. Demonstrated experience in delivering feedback and coaching successfully
10. Dependable: able to work independently and consistently meet or exceed performance expectations.
11. Adaptable: able to adjust work and communication style based on situational needs.
12. Demonstrate an aptitude for critical thinking to included evaluation of ideas and synthesizing information into insights.
13. Proven ability to accomplish large volume of high quality work under pressure.
14. Proven ability to make decisions with limited information and achieve expected results.
15. Clinical background preferred, however not required
16. Knowledge of clinical products, usage techniques, and effective education and training techniques in clinical settings
17. Experience in value analysis processes and procedures and the orientation of products to clinical teams
18. Previous experience in the identification and categorization of products into commodity categories, as well as the ability to implement those opportunities.